Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hope

"Hope? Let me tell you something, my friend, hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

-- Red, in "The Shawshank Redemption"

It indeed, can drive a man insane, but is not it a good thing? I have seen many talented people living in mediocrity. All because they have lost hope that something great will happen in their lives. Whereas, a person with hope of a good future will WORK towards that good future. And chances are s/he will reach the destination.

So, any day I would prefer being or behaving insane for working towards what I hope rather than being disappointed and hopeless. Whether I achieve what I want or not is something I can not control alone. There may be other factors. But one thing is sure, work, like energy never gets destroyed.

And by the way, watch “The Shawshank Redemption” if you have not already done so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in the same movie, andy says:

'hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things. and no good thing ever dies...'

:)