Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Relations

Life is an unknown journey. Everything, every moment is unknown. Although we can predict the outcome on a few occasions, most of the times future remains unpredictable. In this journey we make friends and relatives. Whose behavior towards us is pretty much predictable, e.g. I know how my mom will care for me when I go to my native place after many months. This also is a function of time and space. A mom in USA will not have the same feelings (or expression of feelings) for and the same expectations from her son as a mom in India. The relations mean differently in different parts of the globe.

NBC news channel here once reported that people have 40-45 % divorce rate in USA. Even the couples over 60 have around 40 % chances of getting divorced. I am sure these couples would have spent over 10 times more money on their honeymoon than an average Indian couple. (I am yet to go on a honeymoon after 7 months of my marriage.)
So, it implies that these cosmetic affections do not promise a stronger bonding. An Indian husband can not tell his wife, “Well, it was nice living with you these 5 years, may be we should look for a change.”

3 comments:

Suzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suzie said...

The divorce rate in US is 40-45%. So it means among 100 couples if 45 of them got divorced, cant we safely say that 55 of them are happily married? I dont know the divorce rate in India, since its quites less lets assume that its 20%. In this case can we safely say that the 80 couples are happily married? I am afraid not.

Relationships do vary...The note at which your blog started and the note at the end dont seem to be related. Relationships have lot of meaning, its not only about marriage

Sushil said...

I Agree Suzie. Thanx for the perspective.