Friday, May 16, 2008

This one's a random mix of thoughts

Pursuing our dreams is the ONLY way to get satisfaction.
On close inspection we observe that the majority of the things we do are a result of circumstances. Just observe how many things you do today because you wanted to do that, and how many of them you strongly wanted to do? For me the count is very less.
The things we want to do can be classified as our dreams. E.g. I wanted to become a journalist, and became an engineer, that’s surrender to the circumstances. Had I chased my dream, perhaps I would have received the Padma Shree along with Barkha Dutt (my favorite), Vinod Dua and Rajdeep Sardesai. (too much, eh?) But chasing the dream requires a lot of energy. As we drag ourselves on the path to our dream the entire universe seem to oppose. And most of the people surrender, some at the beginning, some midway.
I give more weightage to perseverance than to bright ideas. Simple ideas, if persisted, can do wonders. Ideas alone do not give any result. Execution does. Before scratching your head for new avenues for success/satisfaction, just think how many of such ideas are pending in your mind. Each one of them has the potential to give you the desired success.

India does not need any more bright ideas, at least at the moment. What is needed is doing simple things with dedication, till the end. Results will come.

Lord, give me the energy to persevere to fulfill my dreams. Amen.

No comments: