Friday, April 13, 2007

Prayer

The man of prayer will be at peace with himself and with the whole world.
-----M. K. Gandhi


It gives me strength. I get the realization of right and wrong during and after prayer. It teaches me how insignificant are the daily matters worrying about which I spend most of my time. I feel energized, charged up after each prayer. The mind is so balanced and calm. Creativity, for which I struggle during my busy times, comes by its own after prayer. Sometimes, in distracted frame of mind I tend to ignore prayers for a few days. Those days though I feel satisfied by comfortable life, the internal bliss remains absent.
And only when I again pray that I realize what was missing.

Many people directly link prayer with religion and they argue that religions are man made and have no meaning. I agree. I only say that prayer is just a communication between two existing things – mind and soul (or conscience or driving force or energy center). Believing in any religion is not at all a pre condition for prayer. It is a simple talk between the soul and the mind.

Many say language doesn’t matter in prayer. What is required is feeling. May be, I don’t know. What I know is each word of the following prayer hammers my mind and heart and that sheds away the dust and corrosion accumulated so far.

O Absolute energy! O Ultimate consciousness! Grant me the fearlessness to be myself. Grant me the knowledge to keep my body and mind healthy. Grant me the patience to understand, strength and courage to struggle. Grant me the wisdom to keep myself balanced even in harshest of situations and highest of rewards. Let every breath of my life be a learning and growth. The moment I stop growing and learning, let that moment be the end of my life.

1 comment:

Rahul said...

felt honored when i saw this prayer here! :)...